Let’s start with the goals you have reached. Here are three questions to ask yourself.
1. How did you reach those goals?
2. What didn’t work out like you planned and why?
3. What did work and why?
When you have answered those questions, review and compare your results to your action plan you wrote at the beginning of the quarter. Did you do as planned or did you go off course? Be sure you are writing down all your answers.
Now it’s time to review the goals that you didn’t obtain and ask yourself these questions about each one, remember to answer them honestly:
Now, let’s review the goals you did not reach and ask yourself these questions about each goal that was not reached.
1. What action did you take?
2. What worked in those actions even in the goal was not met?
3. What did not work in trying to achieve those goals and why didn’t it?
Remember, you have to compare each goal that was not met to the plan you had for this quarter. Did you do as planned or did you go off course? Was your deviation the reason you did not reach the goal?
Once you have the above questions answered you ask the following questions:
1. What can be changed for better results?
2. Do you need to follow your plan more closely if you deviated from it and the goals were not met?
The big question would then be, of everything you did that worked is there anywhere else that you can implement those techniques and actions to places that haven’t worked for you like you wanted them to?
The last thing I want you to do for your quarterly review is to evaluate your overall results against your yearly plan.
1. With your results from the first quarter will you still be on track for your yearly goals or are you going to have to push harder this next quarter?
2. Do you need to make any adjustments for the rest of the year to reach your goals?
I want you to know that quarterly reviews aren’t just important but very necessary in reaching your goals and moving your business forward. Always know that you can do anything you decide to do, but it will take action to make it a reality. So be sure you’re not in your own way. Take all the action that is necessary to make your goals a reality.
Don’t skip this important step. If you really want to make your business a success, then you must do a quarterly review. How else are you going to know exactly where you stand and exactly how you are going to reach the finish line.